Friday, February 8, 2013

I can change it round & I wanna be a paperback (cookbook) writer



OK, it's no secret that I have a strong affection for The Beatles. After publishing Recipe Records the 60's Edition last fall, I was approached by someone who asked if I could come up with enough recipes for a Beatles cookbook.  Could I??? Uh... were the Beatles British? While I am never going to be an expert in Beatles facts, I enjoy sharing the interesting trivia that I read. We are fortunate in this day & age to have so many interesting authors, researchers and fan-experts and I get satisfaction from sharing stories & facts in my blog, radio show and now cookbook.

Written in the usual Recipe Records style, I'm sharing 50 recipes for 50 years of the Fab 4. I couldn't think of a better way to pay homage to the band and perhaps spark a new interest in them by younger generations or folks who are casual fans. It's time to rediscover this great band.

You'll find delicious recipes & interesting information about the lads from Liverpool.  Enjoy an authentic recipe for "Scouse," a dish native to only Liverpool, submitted by British author David Bedford.  Some of my other favorites include I Should've Known Butter, Strawberry Pie Forever, The White Album Fondue, Let It Brie, Stuffed Sgt. Peppers, Lady Medallions, Ob-La-Di Ob-La Slaw and Roll Up For the Magical Mystery Wrap. I've even dedicated a chapter to the movies of the Beatles and their solo careers.

In order to appeal to the diehard Beatle fan, I tried to be clever with recipe titles & created a few that will undoubtedly evoke a tiny little smile, and an "ahhh yes...".... ie: Mundo Paparazzi Ziti, I Relish Her Majesty, Phase One In Which Doris Gets Her Oats Cookies, George Martinis and more.

If this does happen to you, then you need to purchase this book! Take advantage of my pre-order sale from now until February 22nd. Recipe Records - A Culinary Tribute to The Beatles is available at the price of $18 and it will ship to you for FREE.  Books should start shipping to you around March 12th, but you must order now to receive free shipping. 

Place your order at:    www.reciperecords.webs.com


Click on the link that says "ORDER NOW!"
If you prefer to email your order, you may do so at:  reciperecordsml@aol.com


I am grateful to all friends, family and readers that continue to support my book endeavors. The book business is a really difficult one to be in--just ask Borders and Barnes & Noble. The business part of the book is enough to bring on chest pains and while it goes along with the territory, I find it difficult to ask people to buy my books. I also recognize that our fast culture creates short attention spans. That being said, I'm asking a favor... would you please pre-order your copy now?  It's the book business part that robs me of proper sleep.....
 
As with all of the Recipe Records cookbooks, it's enjoyable to share food & music with other people. Those two things bring people together & Recipe Records is one more way to bring joy into your kitchen.

If You Can't Take The Beat...... Get Out Of The Kitchen...


Peace, Love & The Beatles,

Lanea Stagg
Recipe Records Cookbooks
www.reciperecords.webs.com
reciperecordsml@aol.com



No comments: