Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Your Raw Health




We all need encouragement to live healthier lives & thank goodness there are experts available like author Lisa Montgomery, who sift through all of the material and share with us only what we need to know. These days I continue to be on a "need to know" basis....

Lisa is not only an author, but a certified raw chef instructor & holistic health care practitioner and she will be my radio show guest tomorrow. Not only will she educate me on the benefits of adopting a raw food lifestyle, but she'll share information about her new cookbook Raw Challenge, which is the perfect tool to implement raw food dieting. 

The show begins at 11:00 a.m. CST tomorrow - please call in with your questions for Lisa
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook/2013/06/06/get-the-raw-truth-with-lisa-montgomery

If you miss the live episode--go to this link to listen to the archived episode anytime after 11:30 a.m. tomorrow.


After significant health challenges due to allergies, Lisa became passionate about health and wellness, which led her to the raw food lifestyle.
Lisa's first book Raw Inspiration, Living Dynamically With Raw Foods was released in 2009. Raw Garden, Liquid Raw and Raw Potluck were released in 2011.
You may go to Lisa's website www.livingdynamically.com and/or facebook page to keep current.
Find all of her books at www.amazon.com


Take the 30-Day Raw Challenge and Discover a Happier, Healthier You!
Raw Challenge makes it fun and easy to adopt a healthy, raw vegetarian diet... in just 30 days. The Raw Challenge program guides you, day by day, towards a healthier way of life and takes the guesswork out of your raw food experience.

Raw Challenge features a 30-day planner, complete with daily recipes, helpful hints, and words of wisdom from raw food experts. It also includes success stories and easy-to-follow tips to keep you going strong during your diet and health make-over.

Raw Challenge will help you:
• Improve your health and lose weight
• Find the best way to transition to a raw diet
• Prepare a wide variety of delicious, nutritious raw food recipes
• Stay motivated with testimonials and inspiring words
• Stay on track with helpful hints by raw food experts

Raw Challenge features over 50 delicious, original recipes from Lisa Montgomery and her Raw Challengers, including:
• Cinnamon Morning Smoothie
• Smokey Backyard Tomato Soup
• Raw Vegetable Pasta
• Baby Bella Burgers
• Summer Squash Slaw
• Raw Thai Curry
• Chile Con Amore
• Spicy BBQ Zucchini Chips
• Mango Tango Cake
• Green Tea Ice Cream
• And many more!


Are you or someone you know affected by Lyme Disease or other tick-borne illnesses? Please check out the Ticked Off Music Fest - to be held June 15th at the World Cafe Live in Wilmington, DE. The fest is not only going to serve up outstanding musical performances, but also great educational opportunities to learn how to protect yourself from tick-borne diseases & treatments.  The fest is still looking for sponsors---please contact them if you can help-even a small donation is greatly appreciated & will contribute to this great cause.


http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ticked-off-music-fest-fund-drive

Peace, Love & Rock & Roll,
Lanea Stagg
Recipe Records Cookbooks
www.reciperecordscookbook.com
lanea@reciperecordscookbook.com


John's Blurb with Jude Southerland Kessler  www.johnlennonseries.com


Three weeks ago, my mom’s bilirubin shot up from .01 (normal) to 9 and then to 19. So now, the first thing I do every morning, even before I put in contacts or sip coffee, is call to check on my mom. Bleary-eyed, I phone.
 Each day, I try to phone my sister in that narrow window between the close of her homeschooling day (at noon) and the beginning of my workday at 1:30 p.m. And when my children are speaking to me, I talk to them a couple of times a day, at their convenience. I make it a point to watch a movie with my grandson once a week, and each night, I call to chat and read a chapter of my new book, She Loves You, to my parents before they go to bed.
 That routine, of course, doesn’t include cleaning the house, doing the laundry, cooking a big supper each night, mowing the yard, planting/weeding/watering the garden, and oh yeah, writing a book and writing/recording a weekly radio show.
 And ya know what? In the world of daily activities, I’m truly a lightweight.
 But this week, I feel as if it’s all too much. Do you? Are you weighed down by a spider web of cares, entangled in too many “must do” activities to enjoy anything, really? John Lennon was.“Everyone wants a piece of you,” he cried out. Everyone!
 But today, someone took time out to help me. She took time out to pitch me a lifeline…and to tie the knot onto which I could grasp. Y’ see, I received a card from my friend Jenn, and inside, she had tucked a prayer written my one of the world’s great theologians, Thomas Merton (whose book, I Asked For Wonder, is one of the greatest books of all time!!).
 And this prayer has helped me find my calm again.
 But before I share the prayer… one thing more: Jenn is the busiest person I know. This week she’s raising teenagers, running a family including her ailing father, writing press releases, working on a book, and organizing an entire Rock Fest to benefit Lyme Disease. But in the midst of all of that, she had time for me…time that she gave happily.
 The card was wonderful. It made me smile. The prayer touched my heart (and I hope it will yours). But Jenn’s example of living selflessly was the real lesson today. She lived as I would like to live and as I will try to live tomorrow…not as John Lennon lived (for once!), but as Thomas Merton did.
 Here is Merton’s prayer. I hope it can speak to you as it did to me…I hope it will help turn your frazzle into something better. But most of all, I hope it will remind us all to be like Jenn…full of hope, encouragement and prayer, happily given.
My Lord God,
 I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But…I believe that the desire to please you DOES in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore, I will trust you always, though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

No comments: