Thursday, March 21, 2013

Heaven's On Fire......



It's a great honor to host Chef Barbie Marshall on my radio show today. Barbie will be taking a break from her busy duties as Farm Chef at Green Meadow Farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to share her story and passion for food. This talented lady graduated from Johnson & Wales University in Norfolk, Virginia, after spending her childhood cooking for family & friends. She took on the challenge of competing in season 10 of Fox TV's hit show "Hell's Kitchen," where she finished as a semi-finalist. Barbie is going to share some inside info on that steamy experience along with educating us on the importance of incorporating sustainable ingredients into our home kitchens. Don't miss this exciting episode!

You can find the show at this link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook/2013/03/21/this-kitchen-is-on-fire

If you can't listen live--go to this link to hear the archived copy, available 24-7!


Peace,
Lanea Stagg
Recipe Records Cookbooks
www.reciperecordscookbook.com
lanea@reciperecordscookbook.com

 

"John's Blurb" - with Jude Southerland Kessler

"Life," John Lennon said, "is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
This past St. Pat's Sunday, I planned to make Lanea's incredible "Irish Soda Bread." However, inadvertently omitting the baking powder from the mix had a rather...uh, surprising affect. I think I created unleavened bread. But since Passover isn't for weeks yet, I ditched it in the sink! And yes, I planned to run every single day, but having a staph infection for the last four weeks has blown my resolve, my strength, and my waistline!
Oprah Winfrey used to talk about the "AHA!" moment of each day. For her, that was the instant in which she had a "light bulb enlightenment," in which she learned a valuable life lesson of some sort.
For me, the "aha moment" is a bit different. I experience it when the blunders, goofs, and sometimes tragedies of life come blustering in, when the "niggles" of life find me, day in and day out.
What I'm learning (very gradually) is that these upsets, setbacks, and errors, IF ANTICIPATED, can become less traumatic. I'm learning to expect some glitch - some problem with the system. If I expect the unexpected, it becomes less an "Oh Noooo!!!!" and more the "aha" to which I've alluded.
Lately, I've made a new game of waiting for the day's snag...then I exclaim, "Aha, so there it is!" And I'm working to shrug it off and move on.
I don't think I'm becoming a pessimist. (Really!) Instead, I'm beginning to expect life not perfection. And life is only a series of things that occur while we're making plans to be happy, perfect, and well...100 per cent of the time.
"Life," John insisted, "is what happens while you're busy making other plans." He was right. And isn't life - even with all of its "aha's" enough for me?

Jude Southerland Kessler

http://www.johnlennonseries.com

No comments: