Thursday, January 10, 2013

You Say You Wanna RESOLUTION......

If you are humming REVOLUTION.... then my mission has been accomplished.


Well... ya know..... it IS the time of year that we wanna save the world and ourselves.  Recycle, lose weight, shed the other baggage that we think is not good for us.  If you are working on some intentions, then I have some ideas for you via my friend and author, Jude Southerland Kessler.  Jude has kindly agreed to contribute to my blogs as a sort of John Lennon muse.  She has expertly researched the life of John Lennon for the last 28 years, resulting in three very savvy works which comprise the beginnings of The John Lennon Series ( http://www.johnlennonseries.com ) 
John had a very sharp sense of wit and humor; which I think was fed by his curious and genius mind. He had a way of communicating ideas & thoughts via poetry, lyrics and conversation, which created memorable prose that I personally am grateful for.

Jude will be contributing a "Blurb" (which is what I think John would label a Blog) and I know you'll enjoy her unique way of sharing tidbits that John shared.

Here is her John Blurb for the week:
At the beginning of yet another year, we're all making "fast and furious" resolutions. "I'll give up cigarettes!" "I'm gonna quit drinking!" "I think I'll give up caffeine...or chocolates (sugar-coated caffeine)." "I'm going to quit eating so much and lose those ten pounds!"
As well-intentioned as we are (and we are, we are!), perhaps we're "giving up" the wrong thing. We're treating the symptoms but not the disease.
John Lennon once said, "The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?"

Perhaps it is STRESS that we need to address in the New Year.
I have an idea. Now, don't make a big deal of this, but sometime in the next few days, jot down on a scrap sheet of paper (only if you have time) the 10 things that are stressing you most. Then make a resolution to cure one, lessen two of them, and work toward toning down the other seven.
John would urge you not to make this into yet another stressor, but instead to find in this effort, a way to guard yourself against the abuse of society, job, and yes, even family.
Remember that we can love others only "as we love ourselves." If you have no time to love yourself, no time to BE yourself, and no minute even to breathe, you're going to turn to "something" for relief. Hence, the cigs, alcohol, caffeine, over-eating, over-sleeping, and whatnot.

Guard yourself in 2013. "LIKE" you.
jude



Lanea Stagg
Recipe Records Cookbooks
www.reciperecords.webs.com
reciperecordsml@aol.com
 

2 comments:

ATW said...

Amen to this! My goal this year is "simple abundance" there is actually a book by this title and I have kind of stolen it. I'm going to start meandering instead of racing, take in a few things on my "to do for me" none are big things, not really a a part of the ole bucket list but things that will make life a wonderous place and living a joy.

Katy B said...

Kind of off topic but kind of related, you'll like at least the first pic in this series, Lanea! http://www.flavorwire.com/169270/10-great-musicians-photographed-with-their-dogs