Monday, September 24, 2012

An Invitation....


I recently watched "George Harrison: Living In The Material World", which is a Martin Scorcese documentary containing stunning interviews with George Harrison's family, friends and business partners. The film is absolutely terrific & I highly suggest you watch it soon. At the beginning of the show Scorcese asks various people what they want to say to George.. and Dhani Harrison, George's son, immediately answered "Where Are You?"  I completely understand Dhani's emotion because I've been asking my dear, dear friend, Maggie McHugh, that question for nearly a year.

Margaret Mary McHugh (Maggie or Mags), lit up the room when she walked in with her humor, spirit, wisdom and beauty. So many people were touched by her in ways too numerous to know or count; she was someone who truly made a difference in our "Material World."

Margaret loved the Beatles. In celebration of her life, her mother, Flo McHugh, niece & nephew Annie & Mac, Keith and myself would like to invite all of you to a "concert for Mags."

On Saturday, October 6, 2012, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., we will be at Genkota Winery in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  Beatles tribute band: The Beatle Brothers, will perform and the concert is free of charge.  Wine, beverages & food will be available for purchase. The Beatle Bros will play from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.  

 
I know that she went to a much better place where she was needed to continue making a brilliant difference. I appreciate all of the warm wishes and encouragement that you've given me to support what she called "her baby," Recipe Records. If you are interested in getting a copy of the book, I will be at the winery signing copies from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.


I look forward to seeing everyone & hope you can come and celebrate this beautiful, free spirit. ..  Maggie McHugh. 
 
 

No comments: